The ABC’s of Content Marketing for Advice & Inspiration
“Content marketing is the only form of marketing left.” Seth Godin
There is no getting around it. When you discuss marketing among your friends and coworkers, content marketing eventually finds its way into the conversation, especially in today’s fast-paced digital world. And it’s easy to see why. Content marketing is all-encompassing and covers a wide range of areas including email campaigns, social media, video, visuals, webinars, podcasts, marketing flyers, blogging, and on and on.
The ABC’s of Content Marketing
As you work to build a better brand with content marketing, the following ABC’s will help inspire you and hopefully offer some credible advice from one content marketer to another.
- Analyzing your content is just one part of improving your content marketing playbook and, in fact, may be the most important.
- Blogging is one of the most effective ways to increase organic traffic visiting your website.
- Combining related blog posts into an eBook or downloadable guide for your readers to enjoy is a great way to repurpose content.
- Differentiate your brand by the content you create and the story you tell. What is it that makes your brand unique?
- Email campaigns are a powerful way to extend the reach of your content and generate more buzz.
- Focus on a few pieces of content at a time to optimize and repurpose so that you don’t over complicate things and get overwhelmed.
- Give your audience something worth reading! If you’re not sure if the blog post you wrote or the video you created puts you one step closer to achieving your goal, don’t publish it until after another revision or two.
- Help your audience ie. readers, by creating content that is easy to read and digest and that offers solutions to their pain points.
- Ignore the haters! You’ll never be able to please everyone every time. Don’t let that cripple your creativity as you write your next blog post or Tweet.
- Join forces with influencers and other like-minded brands or experts in your industry and share each other’s content to reach new audiences.
- K.I.S.S. It may be an old and overused phrase but darn it, it still works today. Keep it simple stupid!
- Learn from your mistakes. If your audience didn’t react the way you anticipated they would, don’t be afraid to go back to the drawing board and restrategize.
- Manage your brand’s content publishing and social media with an editorial calendar for peace of mind and simplicity.
- Negative feedback isn’t necessarily a bad thing, it offers an opportunity for you to think in different ways and explore new ideas.
- Optimize your content by looking at its attractiveness, consumability, effectiveness, findability, and shareability.
- Podcasts are trending upwards in content marketing and could become a major diferentiator for your brand.
- Quick brainstorm sessions and team meetings are beneficial to creative thinking.
- Review everything you create. Sloppy mistakes signify a sloppy brand!
- Share, share and share your content again. If you’re not sharing your content multiple times through different channels, you’re underutilizing your great content.
- Train yourself and never shy away from pushing the limits of what you can do.
- Understand the big picture goals when brainstorming content.
- Vary the type of content you create. If your win is in video content think about how you can edit your video into short GIFs.
- Watch what your competitors are doing and what’s working for them. Then determine if it makes sense for your brand and how you can do it better.
- Xerox revolutionized the workspace. How will technology continue to revolutionize content marketing and businesses?
- Your customers often know more about your brand than you do. Therefore it’s critical to create content that touches all points in the brand experience people have with your company.
- Zero of the biggest brands got to where they are today without stumbling and failing. Overcoming challenges will always be part of the game.